|Title:||Quality Manager |
The Quality Manager will report directly to the VP Operations of Schwan Cosmetics. To thrive in this role, you'll need to manage, implement, and improve the quality management systems (QMS) to consistently ensure quality products are manufactured within established quality standards and identify solutions to improve quality systems to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Lead the QMS and compliance programs to ensure product quality and on time delivery at the lowest possible cost. Build and maintain client relationships that can be leveraged to address, investigate and establish corrective actions, and ensure accountability of suppliers for incoming product quality. Qualify new suppliers and manage supplier quality program. Facilitate customer audits and provide follow-up actions for any necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Direct, monitor, & lead incoming, in process, and quality lab to maintain costs and improve profitability. Incorporate cross functional team participation to proactively anticipate client needs, solve problems and build teams. Motivate and inspire the quality team and other employees to achieve the highest possible quality standards. Partner with operations team leadership to identify solutions to ensure product quality while providing the lowest possible cost of quality. Provide learning and development opportunities to promote growth and build expertise. Set expectations and provide feedback to effectively evaluate performance.
- Ensure all products and processes comply with written specifications. Identify non-conformances for product and processes to contain, correct and prevent future non-conformances. Ensure new product quality standards meet quality standards prior to product release. Determine and quantify process capabilities (Cpk) of manufacturing processes.
- Utilize financial data to improve overall financial performance and profitability by effectively managing and controlling Quality capital projects and budgets, implementing appropriate cost saving strategies and improving operational performance and delivery. Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance cost savings and improve product quality. Determine process capabilities for critical quality attributes and work with Engineering and Operations to improve process capabilities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, management or other related field required, Engineering Degree preferred.
5+ years of manufacturing/operations/leadership experience required.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications