Analytical/Micro Lab Technician I
|Title:||Analytical/Micro Lab Technician I|
The Analytical/Micro Lab Technician I is responsible for performing lab tests per client specifications and Schwan Cosmetics standards, making decisions to approve or reject bulk production, incoming raw materials, work-in-process, or finished goods based on test results, demonstrating safe work practices, and following all Schwan Cosmetics, USA policies and procedures.
- Perform routine tests to determine if product(s) meet client standards with direct supervision. Products could include bulk production, incoming raw materials, work-in-process, or finished goods. Identify imperfections in product using mechanical, sensory, or electronic equipment or chemical analysis.
- Conduct analyses of product samples, compile data and interpret the results with direct supervision in accordance with testing guidelines.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, root cause analysis and appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct equipment calibration as required with direct supervision.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required or equivalent experience. Associate’s degree preferred. Must be able to demonstrate basic reading skills of common chemistry principles and basic math, including adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplication, use of percentages and conversion from US to metric measurements. Must be able to speak, read/comprehend, and write in English.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience and/or equivalent education/experience preferred. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of common lab equipment and tools. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills including data entry, keyboarding and use of a mouse.
- Basic math and reading, basic PC knowledge and experience, calibration, communication, problem solving, critical thinking, cooperation, listening, collaboration, decision making, team work, multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Must pass a color hue test.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications