|Title:||Production Team Leader|
This position provides leadership and operations support to an assigned line, area or department including oversee, monitor and coordinate production team activities i.e. material, production planning, scheduling, adherence to quality and safety standards. Ensure team goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company objectives. Oversees and provides departmental training. The position will act as a liaison between team members and department supervisor and other department personnel.
- Trouble-shoot problems and initiate and follow-through with solutions. Document Quality Incidents (QI’s) and give to supervisor. Provide feedback on employee questions, complaints, issues for investigation, corrective actions and resolution.
- Manage in housekeeping, safety and continuous improvement projects. Contribute and participate in cross-functional projects (line trials, launches, etc.) and process improvements.
- Observe and monitor individual performance, provide on-going performance feedback, identify and support training/development opportunities to improve and/or correct performance. Oversee job specific training to department employees. Manage weekly to quarterly preventative maintenance schedule via Maintenance Connection.
- Assign work to team members based on production schedule and volume. Provide input and status for quality, production and/or safety decisions. Monitor work schedule for area of responsibility to make sure materials are ordered in advance for efficient operation of area. Fill in as Supervisor in Supervisors absence. -
- Perform administrative duties as needed, including reports, measuring efficiency, up time, downtime, data entry, pull information from ERP system, develop and implement work schedules for team and correct errors and/or omissions. Support manufacturing admin/lead as business needs dictate.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience. Associate Degree preferred. Must have prior knowledge of manufacturing principles such as efficiency, productivity, quality systems & standards and safety processes & procedures. Must be able to speak, read/comprehend, and write in English.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience required and up to 1+ years of leadership experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass a color hue test