This position assists higher skilled compounders in the mixing and/or blending of unique product/cosmetic formulations in an efficient and effective manner to meet or exceed client specifications. Perform other compounding duties to include assembly of kettles and pre-weigh raw materials for batching. Demonstrates safe work practices and follows all Schwan Cosmetics, USA policies and procedures.
- Locate raw materials prescribed for each specific formulation. Pre-weigh materials and relieve and control inventory flow to optimize efficient operation. Adhere to the schedule to meet on-time- delivery.
- Mix and blend materials to specifications following proper methods and processes outlined in the formulation to create cosmetics colors. Able to mix and blend following instructions on other compounding equipment.
- Assist with quality checks and shade matching as required and make adjustments as directed, assist with troubleshooting of formulation problems and provide recommended solutions for consideration and approval.
- Ensure proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment per cGMP requirements to ensure quality and safety is maintained.
- Engage in housekeeping, safety and continuous improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience. Must be able to demonstrate intermediate math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, whole numbers, decimals, fractions and percentages. Required to convert information from US to metric and vice versa, calculate gross, net and tare weights etc. Chemistry knowledge preferred. Must be able to speak, read/comprehend, and write in English
Experience: 1-3 years of manufacturing experience in a high-volume environment. Experience working in batch environment mixing and blending products, or equivalent education and experience.
Functional Competencies: Intermediate math, basic PC knowledge and use, mechanical aptitude, decision making, cooperation, collaboration, communication, team work, read and follow instructions, attention to detail, organization skills, initiative (self-starter).
Other: Must pass a color hue test.